HOW TO START A TEAM - RECREATIONAL
BRSC Recreational league is a volunteer-based program that depends on the generosity of parent coaches. Serving as a coach is an incredibly fulfilling experience. The process of starting a team in one of our recreational leagues is simple if you follow the steps outlined below.
• Team Division (by grade and gender)
• Team Name
• Coach(es) name(s) and email address(es)
• Playing Campus (Burbank, Central, etc.)
• School Name (if this will be a school-based team)
- Sign up as a Volunteer Coach through Blue Sombrero.
- Complete your background check.
- Let the parents of your child’s friends/classmates know the Grade, Gender, and Team Name of your team. They will need this information when they register online through the BRSC website and request to be on your team.
VOLUNTEER COACHING CERTIFICATION
If you are new or would like more information from our professional staff, sign up for our Raising Cane’s Volunteer Coaching Certification Courses. You will leave the course with a packet of practice sessions, videos, demonstrations, a certificate, and an Adidas training top. Click here for more information.
You can also visit our Coaching Resources page for helpful information and training sessions to implement into your team practices.
In order to practice at one of BRSC's campuses, you must complete the practice request form. Practices are assigned on a first come first serve basis. We encourage you to complete this process as soon as your background check clears and your roster is set. To schedule a practice field at a BRSC facility, please click the button below.
All BRSC Recreational Pre-K through 5th-grade teams wears Red and White BRSC Adidas Uniforms. Purchase uniforms at:
Third Coast Soccer
8342 Perkins Drive Suite N,
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Third Coast Soccer Website
For BRSC Recreational Teams, 7th grade and older uniforms are organized on a team by team basis. BRSC encourages teams to use Red and White BRSC Adidas Uniforms, but this is not required.