MIDDLE SCHOOL LEAGUE
The Baton Rouge Middle School Soccer program gives young student-athletes, boys and girls, the opportunity to participate in a fun and competitive league in affiliation with their school. Special considerations are available to students that wish to join but do not have a team participating in the league from their school. This is done to allow every child to play.
Team placement will be contingent on several factors: ages, grades in school, playing experience, and ability level. Coaches' recommendations will be considered, with the league director having the final say regarding team placement. Players are allowed to play with their middle school and club teams at the same time.
For the 2002/23 season registration will be $30 per player. We will not be doing team registration. Online registration will open Monday, October 3.
For more information, please email the Middle School League Director, Chris Mitchell.
2022/23 PRE-SEASON TIMELINE
Tuesday, Oct. 4th
Player online registration opens - $30/player
Tuesday, Oct. 25th
Deadline to sign up MS teams/players
Tuesday, Nov. 1st
MS scheduling meeting at BREC Ballroom at 6:00 pm
Monday, Nov. 7th
MS practices can begin at Burbank
Week 1 - Nov. 11, 12, 13, 14
Week 2 - Nov. 18, 19, 20, 21
Week 3 - Nov. 27, 28
Week 4 - Dec. 2, 3, 4, 5
Week 5 - Dec. 11, 12
Week 6 - Dec. 16, 17, 18, 19
Rainout Weekend - Jan. 6, 7, 8, 9
End of Year Tournament - Jan. 13, 14, 15, 16
The 2022-2023 BRSC Middle School Soccer Season includes 6 games plus an end-of-season tournament.
Please review the following rules for the 2020-2021 Middle School Winter League before you begin league play. Adjustments have been made due to COVID-19.
- Practice requests must be sent via email to Chris Mitchell. Please include the following:
- BREC Field Usage Permit
- Name of School
- Name of MS team
- Coach’s Name
- Desired day/time (please include three options)
- If requested practice times are approved, before any practices take place, teams will pay BRSC an administrative practice fee of $300 per team per middle school season.
- The fee applies to teams that will be utilizing the Burbank Soccer Complex (day or night), Independence Park (night), and Flanacher (night).
- There are no fees to use Indy or Flanacher during the day, but a request must be submitted to reserve a field during the day.
- Teams may utilize other BREC parks as they are available. BRSC doesn’t reserve fields at BREC parks outside of Burbank, Indy, and Flanacher.
- Half a field
- One day a week, for an hour practice per team