MIDDLE SCHOOL LEAGUE
The Baton Rouge Middle School Soccer program gives young student-athletes, boys and girls, the opportunity to participate in a fun and competitive league in affiliation with their school. Special considerations are available to students that wish to join but do not have a team participating in the league from their school. This is done to allow every child to play.
Team placement will be contingent on several factors: ages, grades in school, playing experience, and ability level. Coaches' recommendations will be considered, with the league director having the final say regarding team placement. Players are allowed to play with their middle school and club teams at the same time.
For more information, please email the Middle School League Director, Chris Mitchell.
2020 Pre-Season Timeline
Oct. 6 - Online Team and Player registration opens
- Registration: $545/team
Oct. 23 - Deadline for teams to register
- All teams will need to register and pay online before being placed in a Middle School Division.
- Players will need to register online.
- Any player not registered with an LSA affiliated club will need to pay an individual insurance fee to cover the Middle School soccer season. This will be a part of the player registration process.
Oct. 26 - Coaches / Managers scheduling meeting (7 pm – BREC Ballroom)
Nov. 2 - Practices begin (contact Chris Mitchell to schedule practices at Burbank)
Nov. 14 - Games begin ( 6-game regular season)
- Gameday options
- Nov. 14, 21, 22, 28, 29
- Dec. 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20
- Jan. 2, 3
Jan. 9 & 10 - Rain-out Weekend
Jan 16 & 17 - End of Season Tournament
Week 1 games - November 14 (limited slots due to BRSC events)
Week 2 games - November 21/22
Week 3 games - November 28/29
Week 4 games - December 5/6
Week 5 games - December 12/13
Week 6 games - December 19/20
Week 7 games - January 2/3
Week 8 games - January 9/10 (Rain Out Weekend if needed)
Tournament - January 16/17
The 2020-2021 BRSC Middle School Soccer Season includes 6 games plus an end of season tournament.
|South BR Charter||Dragons (coed)||Parkview||Cougars 6/7|
|SASmaher7 (coed)||SASroussel (coed)||St. Luke Sharks||EHS Navy|
|SASthibodeaux7 (coed)||Pelicans-G||Tigers FC||Live Oak Blue|
|STEM Eagles||Gators||Dunham||SASdecuir6 (coed)|
|Zachary Blaze||Walker Green||EHS Gold||SASdyess6 (coed)|
|W. Feliciana||Central Wildcats||AFSC United||UHS 6|
|Brusly (coed)||UHS 7||Lutcher Gold|
|Falcons FC||Bains Bombers||Cougars|
|UHS FC||Fireballs JV||Southside|
|Lutcher Bulldogs||Live Oak Gold||Live Oak Yellow|
|Fireballs||St. Jude Cougars||Westdale Hawks|
|Lady Fire Balls JV||Cubs 6||Central||Cubs FC|
|Live Oak Blue||Dragons FC||Dunham Lady Tigers||Eagles|
|Parkview||Live Oak Gold||Lady Falcons FC||EHS Navy|
|Zachary Red A||Gators||Lady Fire Balls Var||Lady Cougars|
|Zachary Red B||SGS Dragons||EHS Gold|
|STEM Lady Eagles||Lutcher|
|W. Feliciana||Zachary Blue|
Please review the following rules for the 2020-2021 Middle School Winter League before you begin league play. Adjustments have been made due to COVID-19.
- Practice requests must be sent via email to Chris Mitchell. Please include the following:
- BREC Field Usage Permit
- Name of School
- Name of MS team
- Coach’s Name
- Desired day/time (please include three options)
- If requested practice times are approved, before any practices take place, teams will pay BRSC an administrative practice fee of $300 per team per middle school season.
- The fee applies to teams that will be utilizing the Burbank Soccer Complex (day or night), Independence Park (night), and Flanacher (night).
- There are no fees to use Indy or Flanacher during the day, but a request must be submitted to reserve a field during the day.
- Teams may utilize other BREC parks as they are available. BRSC doesn’t reserve fields at BREC parks outside of Burbank, Indy, and Flanacher.
- Half a field
- One day a week, for an hour practice per team