MIDDLE SCHOOL LEAGUE
The Baton Rouge Middle School Soccer program gives young student-athletes, boys and girls, the opportunity to participate in a fun and competitive league in affiliation with their school. Special considerations are available to students that wish to join but do not have a team participating in the league from their school. This is done to allow every child to play.
Team placement will be contingent on several factors: ages, grades in school, playing experience, and ability level. Coaches' recommendations will be considered, with the league director having the final say regarding team placement. Players are allowed to play with their middle school and club teams at the same time.
For more information, please email the Middle School League Director, Chris Mitchell.
October 1 - Online Team and Player registration opens
October 25 - Deadline for teams to register
- All teams will need to register and pay online before being placed in a Middle School Division.
- Players will need to register online.
- Any player not registered with an LSA affiliated club will need to pay an individual insurance fee to cover the Middle School soccer season. This will be a part of the player registration process.
October 30 - Coaches / Managers scheduling meeting 6 pm at BREC Ballroom located at 6201 Florida Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
November 9/10 - Games begin
Week 1 games - November 9/10 (limited slots due to BRSC events)
Week 2 games - November 16/17
Week 3 games - November 23/24
Week 4 games - November 30/December 1
Week 5 games - December 7/8
Week 6 games - December 14/15
Week 7 games - December 21/22
Week 8 games - January 4/5
Week 9 games - January 11/12 (Rain Out Weekend if needed)
Tournament - January 18/19
At the August 2016 AGM, the State Council adopted Player Safety Initiatives that ban heading at 12U and younger. Middle School Leagues across the state often have teams with mixed age groups. Teams often include players deemed old enough to safely head the ball and younger players who are subject to the ban. LSA must balance the safety of our younger players with the benefits they derive by playing in these Middle School Leagues. It is clear we want these leagues to thrive, yet we must protect their youngest participants from potential head injuries. Therefore, heading will not be permitted in Middle School Leagues in Louisiana. An intentional header will result in an indirect free kick for the opposing team at the spot of the infraction.
Player safety is our priority at Baton Rouge Soccer Club. Given the nature of the outreach program that is our Middle School League, we have numerous players between 10-12 years old playing throughout all of the divisions. Many schools rely on the flexibility of having players move between their rosters, which effectively means that we must ban heading all together throughout the league regardless of the Division.
A comprehensive list of the Middle School League can be downloaded by using the button below.
- Practice requests must be sent via email to Chris Mitchell. Please include the following:
- BREC Field Usage Permit
- Name of School
- Name of MS team
- Coach’s Name
- Desired day/time (please include three options)
- If requested practice times are approved, before any practices take place, teams will pay BRSC an administrative practice fee of $300 per team per middle school season.
- The fee applies to teams that will be utilizing the Burbank Soccer Complex (day or night), Independence Park (night), and Flanacher (night).
- There are no fees to use Indy or Flanacher during the day, but a request must be submitted to reserve a field during the day.
- Teams may utilize other BREC parks as they are available. BRSC doesn’t reserve fields at BREC parks outside of Burbank, Indy, and Flanacher.
- Half a field
- One day a week, for an hour practice per team