BRSC HEAT ADVISORY PRECAUTIONS
Current weather forecasts indicate that the Baton Rouge area will continue to be under a Heat Advisory through at least this weekend (Aug. 14 through Aug. 20). Please see the precautions that we are taking while we are under the Heat Advisory.
Game Day Protocol
- There will be no games or practices scheduled at the 1 pm or 3 pm time slots on Saturday or Sunday at any BRSC campus (Burbank, Independence, Central or Zachary).
- NO teams will be scheduled to play back-to-back games (or two games in one day). This also goes for players- they may only play one game in a day during the Heat Advisory.
- Expect multiple water breaks in each half.
Adjusted Practice Times
- Session 1: 5:30 pm-6:45 pm; Session 2: 6:45 pm-8:00 pm.
- We have multiple water refill stations for players to refill water bottles.
- Teams are encouraged to set up tents for shade and water breaks.
- Players may only practice once per day (no back-to-back practices).
Private Sessions, High School Tryouts, etc.
- No Soccer activities will be permitted prior to 5:30 pm at any BRSC Campus. This includes Private Sessions or High School Tryouts.
- Players should not participate in multiple training sessions per day. ie Players should not participate in any non-sanctioned BRSC soccer activities and official club practices on the same day (limit soccer daily soccer activities to a maximum of 90 minutes per day.)
We will advise you as soon as the Heat Advisory lifts and we are able to return to regular programming. We would rather be proactive in helping provide the safest policies and procedures that we can while navigating this unprecedented heat wave.