MEMBER UPDATE – COVID-19 CLUB GUIDELINES
The well-being of our BRSC family is of the utmost importance. As we approach the peak of our spring season, we wanted relay guidelines from the Louisiana Department of Health and US Club Soccer as it relates to COVID-19 – the disease caused by the new coronavirus. The Louisiana Department of Health has released Guidelines for Sports Teams which we ask you to review.
Please monitor this CDC web page, which has important information about how coronavirus spreads, its symptoms, FAQs, global locations with COVID-19, travel advisories, and more. It will be the most up-to-date source for the latest details regarding COVID-19. BRSC also advises families to check the Louisiana Department of Health page for current information about COVID-19 in Louisiana.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, such as:
- Be careful and consistent with cleaning your hands. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Ensure locker rooms and public restrooms are supplied adequately with soap, water, and drying materials so visitors and staff can wash their hands.
- Stay at home if you have a fever, respiratory symptoms, or believe you are sick.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces including player benches, stadium seating, equipment, locker rooms, handrails and handles, doorknobs, light switches, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Additional BRSC guidelines related to all club programming includes:
- Do not share bottles, thermoses, beverages, etc.
- Do not share food/utensils
- Do not share clothing/jerseys/uniforms
- Wash uniforms, gear, and practice gear often
- Wash keeper gloves often
- Clean cell phones daily (bacteria thrives on cell phones)
- Instead of the customary postgame handshake, we ask that players thank the other team for a good game.
For questions from the general public about COVID-19, call (855) 523-2652.