As we head into the winter break, now is the perfect time to connect with BRSC’s Collegiate Coordinator Craig Scott. It is essential for athletes who wish to play at the collegiate level to begin their future sooner rather than later. The goal is to help ensure players receive the best opportunities for development and exposure as they navigate the recruiting process.
In addition to serving as head coach for the BRSC Capitals, this new role for Coach Craig will allow him to coach the players off the field as they pursue higher levels of play. Coach Craig is an FAW UEFA B Coach from England. For the past few years, he has coached in Chicago for Chicago Fire SITC, and in California for club soccer before joining BRSC in the summer of 2023.
“I studied at University in England, focussing on Soccer Coaching as a degree, achieving a First Class BsC in Football Coaching and Performance, said Coach Craig. “In my 10 years as a coach, I have wanted to develop and grow the game, specifically interested in supporting players’ professional progression through the game.”
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT THE BRSC COLLEGIATE PROGRAM:
- ALL BRSC Players, including TDP Programs, have access to the program.
- Director, Craig Scott, will seek opportunities in a range of programs to allow players to explore different options.
- We are offering Consistent Support for Sophomores to Seniors in the preparation journey toward finding a college placement.
- Players will complete an online document and send it to Craig Scott to outline personal details, achievements/accolades, grades/test scores, aspirations with colleges, and location/level expectations to play.
- Seniors will receive access to create appointments face to face to discuss creating portfolios, receive advice, and seek new opportunities in the game.
- Sophomores will have the opportunity to also engage to put names out there early, for me to keep colleges updated on who’s interested. They will receive opportunities to receive help on how to document and create portfolios. 1-1 face-to-face arranged based on availability.
Support for 8th/9th/10th Graders
At younger ages, support is tailored toward players starting to think about Colleges, working towards building a resume, and advice on how to stay ahead of the process.
Support for 11th/12th Graders
More support for engaging with college coaches, ensuring that you are doing all you can to be seen, and helping expose you to the available opportunities.
Players interested in learning more can contact Craig Scott via email. Players are also encouraged to complete the BRSC/LATDP Elite College Support Questionnaire to initiate the process. Additional updates and player resources will be available soon.