BRSC Box to Box 5K/1-Mile Event Details
Registration for the Box to Box 5K/1-Mile Fun Run is still open due to the rainout date change to Sunday, February 26. You can register here.
We will award 5k participants in the following age groups for Sunday’s run.
Top two Men 20+
Top two Women 20+
Top Boy Ages 15 – 19
Top Girl Ages 15 – 19
Top Boy Ages 11 – 14
Top Girl Ages 11 – 14
Top Boy Ages 10 & Under
Top Girl Ages 10 & Under
As we approach race day, I want to make you aware of a few logistics that will make for a much more organized and enjoyable experience.
- Registration will open at 8 am in the parking lot near field 25 to pick up race bibs, t-shirts(only for the early-bird, regular registrants, all others are subject to availability), and on-site registrations.
- I encourage everyone to arrive no later than 8:30 am to allow time to park, get race bibs, and get set for the race.
- Bib numbers are assigned to registered runners to determine winners in each division. Please do not switch bibs with another participant. Double-check your bib #s at pick up if you are collecting bibs for multiple runners.
- For best results, we encourage you to pin the bib to the chest of your exterior garment. This placement ensures proper timing recognition at the start and finish.
- Thanks to the timing chip in your bib, your time will not begin until you cross the starting line. This feature will allow runners to start in the back if they’d prefer to not be in a crowd.
- The Bluebonnet side entrance to the park will be closed for the duration of the race. Use the Siegen side to enter and exit the park.
- Parking will be available in the baseball field lots on the Siegen side of the park. Late arrivals will be ushered to the lot by the main pavilion. Parking at any other lots is prohibited.
- BRSC staff members will be at the designated parking lots to assist drivers who wish to leave the park before the conclusion of the race.
- Water will be available along the course and at the finish line.
- The 1-Mile Fun Run will include a turnaround near the dog park. Use the inside of the road on the way there and the outside on the way back.
- The 5K will include two laps around the park.
- When running the 5K, stay to the inside of the road. We will usher departing vehicles on the right as needed.
- DO NOT cross the finish line after one lap if you decide not to complete the necessary two laps.
- We will award medals to the top overall female and male runners and the top runners in each division of the 5K following the race.
- The course maps can be found here.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to seeing you all Sunday!
BRSC Box to Box 5K/1-Mile Coordinator